Did you know that tea was only available in China until the 1800's? It's true. In fact, the first tea plant had to be stolen from China via covert mission. Valuing the tea so highly and wanting to prevent outsiders from growing and selling their own tea, the Chinese would persecute anyone that would try and steal the precious herb.
That was, of course, until it was ultimately "stolen" by Robert Fortune (picture shown above), a botanist helping the East India Trading Company swipe the precious plant. This started the globalization of the tea plant and nowadays the top tea producing countries are India and Sri Lanka.
Ceylon tea has long been regarded as one of life's simple pleasures. You may know the flavor best from Lipton and/or Pure Leaf - as these two brands among others utilize Ceylon as their base leaf. In short, it is your "regular black tea" flavor - although it comes in green and white as well!
As the main ingredient found in Té Amo organic tea, Ceylon tea boasts several impressive health benefits.
1. It's a polyphenol - This means that it is packed with antioxidants and other potential health benefits. It can help treat digestion issues, weight management difficulties, diabetes, neurodegenerative disease, and cardiovascular diseases.
2. It speeds up your metabolism - this is precious for those looking to decrease their weight. With a higher metabolism, your body burns fat at a quicker rate.
3. It boosts your immune system - who likes getting sick? A strong immune system is key for keeping from different ailments such as colds, flues, and viral sicknesses.
4. Promotes good heart health - because of measurable amounts of potassium, your tension level in your heart relaxes and allows for your heart to have reduced strain.
5. Increased energy - Ceylon tea has caffeine. This will either wake you up in the morning or give you a nice energy boost throughout the day. Cognitive function and attention are also heightened upon consumption.
6. Better looking skin - some compounds found in the leaf has been linked to reducing collage loss in skin. This is done by preventing oxidative stress in the surrounding cells.
7. Eliminate kidney stones - research shows that black tea reduces the risk of these painful little urinary pebbles. The antioxidants and caffeine found helps to keep this unpleasant experience from occurring.
8. Prevent chronic illnesses - theaflavins and thearubigins found in this tea are directly known to combat the spread of cancer, and can prevent cellular mutations.
Delicious tea or miracle drink? You decide. Undoubtedly, the impressive benefits of Ceylon tea can lead to a healthier and better life. So feel free to pinky up and down the hatch of some black tea.
Also, for a drink with even more health benefits check out Té Amo organic tea at www.PeruTeAmo.Com
P.S. Thank you, Robert Fortune, for being the brave soul tasked with robbing the simple pleasure of a nice cup - or bottle, of tea that millions a day now indulge in.